2012 Run 4 Science
T-shirt Design Contest
Congratulations to Jackson Clark, the winner of the 2012 T-shirt Design Contest.
The carrot represents the importance of eating right to maintain a “Healthy Body, Healthy Mind”
We are excited to announce the 3nd Annual Run for Science! This event benefits educational programs and exhibit purchases at the Science Center. We are conducting a T-Shirt Design Contest to encourage students to think about the importance of having “Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds” The winning design appears on the official event t-shirt. The T-Shirt Design Contest offers students in Kindergarten through 5th grade the opportunity to use their creativity to express their love for science!
In addition to entering the T-Shirt Design Contest, we hope you will also consider attending this event on Saturday, April 13, 2013. You can choose to participate in the student races or the 5K fun run/walk. Thank you for supporting the Emerald Coast Science Center!
- Students in Kindergarten through 5th grade can enter the design contest – it’s FREE!
- All participants are required to fill out and sign the attached registration form in its entirety. (Be sure that your parent or legal guardian signs the form.)
T-Shirt Design Guidelines
- Students should use their creativity to develop a design that represents their love for science.
- Each entry must be the original work of one student only. Because the contest is designed to encourage and recognize each student’s individual creativity, help from an adult or collaboration with other students is not allowed.
- Students must be in Kindergarten through 5th grade and be currently enrolled in a public or private school, or between four and 11 years of age being home-schooled.
- Entries must be designed for one side and be no larger than 8 1/2” x 11.” Orientation may be portrait or landscape.
- The design must be no more than two colors in addition to black (white does not count, as t-shirts will be white).
- Artwork should not be signed – entries are being judged “blind”. Write your name, school, grade and phone number on the back, upper right hand corner of the design in black pen.
- Students may submit a single hand drawn entry – no photography.
- Any (non computer-generated) media may be used in visual arts (markers, crayons, pencil, paints, etc.).
- Artwork must be “original” — no copyrighted images or clipart. Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
- All entries are judged on artistic merit, creativity and interpretation of the theme.
- All entries will become the property of the Emerald Coast Science Center and may be used for marketing or merchandising purposes. These rights include minor edits to the artwork needed to produce the t-shirts.
All entries must be RECEIVED by 6:00pm March 13, 2012 and must be mailed or hand delivered to the address below
T-Shirt Design Contest
Emerald Coast Science Center
139 Brooks St SE
Fort Walton Beach,FL32548
Go to http://www.run4science.com for additional information about the race and the T-Shirt Design Contest.
Questions? Contact Jamie LaFollette @ 850-664-1261 or JamieL@ecscience.org